Aircraft Maintenance Technician
Aircraft Maintenance Technician
CareFlite AMTs are responsible for maintenance, inspections, repairs and modifications of CareFlite aircraft and for ensuring that the CareFlite aircraft remain in an airworthy condition on a twenty-four (24) hour, as needed, basis. CareFlite AMTs are part of the professional team which provides air ambulance transport in the Dallas/Fort Worth area. As members of the Maintenance Team, they must possess the interpersonal and communication skills to promote teamwork and contribute to the mission of the organization in a positive and proactive manner.
• Complies with all industry safety standards, OSHA regulations and CareFlite safety policies.
• Reports safety related occurrences and/or potential safety hazards in an appropriate and timely manner.
• Schedules maintenance with the Director of Maintenance or Maintenance Manager taking into consideration such factors as workflow, location of equipment and personnel, tools, supplies, job requirements and weather.
• Responsible to respond appropriately to after-hours maintenance requirements when on-call.
• Performs maintenance, inspections, repairs and modifications in accordance with FAA regulations, manufacturer’s recommendations and CareFlite maintenance policies and procedures.
• Utilizes CareFlite maintenance resources appropriately to accomplish required tasks and optimize in-service time for the aircraft. Utilizes appropriate technical data.
• Orders anticipated parts, lubricants, etc. in sufficient quantities to ensure no aircraft downtime for these items. Utilizes appropriate CareFlite policies for ordering and storing aircraft parts.
• Complies with CareFlite tool control and FOD policies.
• Maintains and secures maintenance equipment at the hospital helipads.
• Demonstrates the ability to analyze problems and reach acceptable, workable solutions.
• Keeps work areas and break areas neat and clean.
• Incumbent(s) will search out opportunities to utilize their free time while on duty to improve their professional skills or participate in work related projects.
• Incumbent(s) will identify efficiency or cost saving ideas in a timely manner to their immediate supervisor.
• Incumbent(s) will focus their efforts on supporting their co-workers at all times.
• Incumbent(s) will be tolerant of diversity within the work setting and will address co-workers in a respectful manner at all times. Personal issues will be addressed outside the workplace. Constructive criticism of a co-worker or supervisor will be offered in a private setting and delivered in a positive and respectful manner.
• Incumbent(s) manage their time appropriately to ensure that all areas of their job responsibilities are adequately covered. Actively seeks out additional assignments or assists coworkers with their tasks when they have completed their assigned tasks.
• Has active listening skills. Communicates to co-workers and the public in a clear, concise and positive manner, both orally and in writing.
• Demonstrates a positive approach to problem solving and utilizes the chain of command appropriately to resolve work related issues.
• Possesses and demonstrates sound judgment and objectivity in maintenance decision making, including sound airworthiness determinations.
• Initiates work independently without direction and can be relied upon to complete tasks without continual supervision.
• Maintains personal knowledge of area of expertise through industry contacts, review of pertinent literature (manuals) and utilization of available educational resources.
• Maintains ethical, courteous and professional behavior which reflects favorably on CareFlite. Adheres to the CareFlite Code of Ethics and Professional Conduct.
• Monitors own areas of strength and weakness and seeks out opportunities and/or guidance for improvement. Seeks appropriate channels for personal and professional development.
• Demonstrates flexibility and has the ability to respond to changing priorities.
• Demonstrates changes in behavior or attitude following constructive guidance.
• Deals with conflict in an appropriate and effective manner.
• Exhibits a positive attitude in support of CareFlite and CareFlite/hospital management. Refrains from making negative comments about CareFlite, hospital and/or staff.
• Written and oral communications are clear and concise.
KNOWLEDGE & EXPERIENCE REQUIRED:
• Airframe & Powerplant (A&P) Certificate
• High School Diploma or equivalent
• Knowledgeable of Federal Aviation Agency (FAA) regulations related to maintenance in Part 135 operations.
• Five years of maintenance experience on appropriate type of aircraft (helicopter and/or fixed wing)
• Experience in supporting 24-hour EMS air ambulance operations preferred.
• Proficient English language skills and ability to communicate effectively, both orally and in writing.
• Ability to maintain tact and diplomacy skills in high stress situations.
• Knowledge of helicopter maintenance procedures.
• Knowledge of appropriate use of tools used for helicopter maintenance procedures.
PHYSICAL AND MENTAL REQUIREMENTS:
• Ability to make decisions, which have moderate impact on immediate work unit.
• Ability to understand, remember and apply oral and/or written instructions.
• Must be able to see and speak with customers and observe equipment operation.
• Occasionally perform tasks while standing and walking up to 100% of time.
• Reach, bend, kneel and have high level of manual dexterity.
• Will often be required to lift and carry up to 50 pounds or more.
• Fast paced environment with frequent interruptions.
• Frequently exposed to extreme temperatures.
• Required to wear personal protective equipment while performing specific tasks or in certain areas.
The statements contained in this position description reflect the general duties considered necessary to describe the principal functions of the job as identified and shall not be considered a detailed description of all the work requirements that may be inherent in the position.