Clinical Administration Specialist
Clinical Administration Specialist
CareFlite is a 501-C Not for Profit organization that provides medical transportation by helicopter, airplane and ground ambulance. We have over 50 EMS stations across DFW, and our corporate headquarters are located in Grand Prairie, TX. At CareFlite we bring help and hope to patients and families requiring medical transport. We value being part of the finest EMS team in the United States.
CareFlite is looking for a Clinical Administration Specialist who will perform administrative and logistical functions for the Air Medical division.
BENEFITS AND COMPENSATION
We are eager to attract the best, so we offer competitive compensation and a generous benefits package, including full health insurance (medical, dental and vision), 401(k), life insurance, disability and the opportunity to participate in a company incentive plan.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Billing review on daily flights.
- Ensure that all PCRs are present with signatures and check for any errors.
- Update databases for the following: ECMO, Impella, blood administrations, RSI, CPR and failed first airway attempts.
- Review flight debriefs.
- Scheduling flight crews, receiving requests and entering completed schedule into ADP.
- Update ADP discrepancies on a daily basis, and audit payroll on a weekly basis.
- Maintain annual and bi-annual requirements database, including: AMRM, Flight Ops, Auditory exams and N95 fit tests.
- Track air clinical crew certifications and follow up to ensure recertifications for expiring certifications.
- Track all ongoing training requirements including but not limited to HPS, procedure labs, clinical rotations.
- Run Key Performance Indicator reports and submit numbers to the CEO, CFO, and Chief Flight Nurse.
- Keep Utilization Review/Quarterly Trauma Report database UTD.
- Schedule deliveries and conduct bulk supply ordering for the air bases, including coffee, paper towels, cleaning supplies, etc.
- Maintain par levels of flight paperwork at the bases.
- Blood Product Management:
- Tracking expiration dates to allow for max days of use on all units vs. early return of newly/recently issued units.
- Blood ordering and return, as well as completing all associated paperwork.
- Prepare reports for blood product suppliers.
- Maintain temperature reporting and recording devices.
- Maintain quarterly alarm testing/verification records.
- Maintain adequate pars of blood administration paperwork at the bases.
- Order replacement storage devices and other supplies as needed.
- Reconcile all CBC blood invoices and submit for payment.
- Maintain the GAMUT Data spreadsheet.
- Run monthly reports for external customers, including Level One Cardiac Reports, THR Flower Mound volume report, THR Dallas volume/scene report, ESD #2 reports
- Assist clinical leaders in the management and logistics of controlled substances. This includes tracking par levels, filling out internal order forms, coordinating fulfillment and delivery of controlled substances orders, and quality control for controlled substance records.
- Yearly issuance of controlled substance logs, cabin temperature logs and glucometer check logs.
- Take meeting minutes for the following: staff meetings, FTO meetings, Team Lead meetings, etc.
- Assist with Air Division interviews by preparing interview packets, coordinate the process flow, and ensure that all paperwork related to the interview process is filed appropriately.
- Assist in the orientation process by coordinate New Hire Immunization Packets, preparing the paperwork, ordering uniforms and badges.
- Coordinate and schedule clinical rotations, HPS training, procedure labs, and other training events.
- Maintain a database of all access cards and identification badges for other work locations (THR Fort Worth, MDMC, etc…
QUALIFICATIONS/ KNOWLEDGE AND EXPERIENCE REQUIRED:
- Associates degree or equivalent related work.
- Minimum of three years’ experience in logistics or administrative related roles required.
- High level experience with Microsoft Office Suite; the ability to make pivot tables and charts in Excel.
- Familiarity with Crystal Reports preferred.
- Valid driver’s license.
- Strong interpersonal, oral and written communication skills.
- Must exercise sound judgment in handling the professional/confidential nature of protected health information.
- Great attention to detail and problem-solving ability.
- Self-starter and highly organized.
Be a part of One Team with One Heart
- We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, sex, disability, veteran or other protected status.
- All applicants who receive a conditional offer of employment may be required to take and pass a pre-employment drug test and background report including an MVR check.
The above statements are not an exhaustive list of all required responsibilities, duties and skills for this job classification