Fleet Service Technician
Fleet Service Technician
- The Fleet Services Technician is responsible for the installation and ongoing maintenance of driver behavior monitoring equipment, modems and ambulance video equipment.
- The Fleet Services Technician will demonstrate working knowledge of all non-medical equipment as a part of ambulances and/or wheelchair vans.
- The Fleet Services Technician will be responsible for the safe operation of the emergency vehicle in accordance with federal, state and local laws and regulations, as well as CareFlite Policies and Procedures
- The Fleet Services Technician assists in the preparing and shuttling vehicle for repair and service.
- The Fleet Services Technician is responsible for ensuring that CareFlite is perceived by its customers in a positive manner by conducting all interaction in a professional and courteous manner.
- The Fleet Services Technician will manage his/her time appropriately to ensure that all areas of job responsibilities are adequately covered.
- The Fleet Services Technician will assist the Fleet Services Supervisor in tracking vehicles in relation to service readiness and preventative maintenance schedule.
- The Fleet Services Technician will communicate any vendor performance issues to the Fleet Services Supervisor.
- The Fleet Services Technician will demonstrate clear and effective communication in both written and oral form.
- The Fleet Services Technician will actively promote teamwork and cooperation with other CareFlite and/or outside agency personnel.
- The Fleet Services Technician will ensure that vehicles are in good mechanical working order prior to being placed in service.
- In coordination with the Fleet Services Supervisor, the Fleet Services Technician is responsible for ensuring any mechanical/monitoring devices issues reported by crews after daily check-off are addressed and resolved.
- The Fleet Services Technician will contribute to the success of KPIs and performance goals by adherence to department standards.
- The Fleet Services Technician will identify efficiency or cost saving ideas in a timely manner to the Fleet Services Supervisor.
- The Fleet Services Technician will search out opportunities to utilize their free time while on duty to improve their professional skills or participate in work related projects.
- The Fleet Services Technician will ensure all tasks are done in a proficient manner.
- The Fleet Services Technician will be supportive of diversity within the work setting and will address others in a respectful manner at all times. Constructive criticism will be delivered in a private setting in a positive and respectful manner.
- The Fleet Services Technician will demonstrate a positive approach to problem solving and serve as a role model for co-workers in this area.
- The Fleet Services Technician will utilize active listening skills. They will communicate in a clear, concise and positive manner, both orally and in writing.
- The Fleet Services Technician will demonstrate sound judgment and objectivity in decision-making.
- The Fleet Services Technician will work independently without direction and can be relied upon to complete tasks without continual supervision.
- The Fleet Services Technician will maintain personal knowledge of area of expertise through industry contacts, review of pertinent literature (manuals) and utilization of available educational resources.
- The Fleet Services Technician will maintain ethical, courteous and professional behavior, which reflect favorably on CareFlite. They will adhere to the CareFlite Code of Ethics and Professional Conduct
QUALIFICATIONS, KNOWLEDGE & EXPERIENCE REQUIRED:
- Must be 18 years of age or older
- High school diploma or its equivalent
- Current Texas Class C driver’s license
- City of Dallas Shuttle Permit (has 30 days from date of hire if no current permit)
- Ability to effectively communicate Verbal / Written English
PHYSICAL AND MENTAL REQUIREMENTS:
- Ability to make decisions, which have moderate impact on immediate work unit.
- Ability to understand, remember and apply oral and/or written instructions.
- Must be able to see and speak with customers and observe equipment operation.
- Occasionally perform tasks while standing and walking up to 100% of time.
- Reach, bend, kneel and have high level of manual dexterity.
- Will often be required to lift and carry up to 25 pounds or more.
- Fast paced environment with frequent interruptions.
- Frequently exposed to extreme temperatures and bloodborne pathogens.
- Required to wear personal protective equipment while performing specific tasks or in certain areas.
The statements contained in this position description reflect the general duties considered necessary to describe the principal functions of the job as identified and shall not be considered a detailed description of all the work requirements that may be inherent in the position.